Sunday, August 16, 2009

New Moon




Even though New Moon isn't a holiday per say but it is a time of celebration. A time for for may things for it can mean as little or as much as you want. For me each month it's gaining more meaning. With New Moon just a few days away I look forward to this one more than any other. I'm on the path to new beginnings. I have been on this path before and have slipped off it only to find myself lost on my journey. But by the grace of God he gives me something every month new moon, new beginnings or what I like to call Gods idea of a do over. So I'm back on my journey. As I start on this path I can see the light at the end of the tunnel which I haven't seen in a long time. I hope that by the next new moon I will have figured out some way to truly honor this time of the month. I love the holidays and of them all this one is my favorite. I think it's because there is a connection between women and the moon. The Sages say that Rosh Chodesh (new moon) was given to women because of the whole golden cafe thing we didn't want to take part in that party. If I had a sofar I would surely be blowing it in a few days. May we all enjoy a new beginning.
Until later
Holly

0 comments: