Monday, December 28, 2009

New Year



Happy New Year it's once again a time for reflection. And you all know how I love reflection. How was the last year, what do you want from the new one. There is so much I'd like to do. I want to grow in my blogging. I want to to get more into my quilting I'd like to get at least 4 quilts done this year. I want to add some color to my life and home. To stop and smell the roses more, to plant the roses. To listen to more music and watch TV less. I'd like to find something for my daughter and I to do from home. I want to study the bible more at least one study a month. I want to grow as a person I can see areas I need to change. I don't like who I've become. I know that it's a defensive mechanism to protect myself no one else will. I want to learn that all the negativity can be dumped on you and it doesn't have to make you neg. That you can still be positive even when your over whelmed by negativity. I have to believe that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Until Later
Holly Days

4 comments:

Micki said...

I like your New Year's resolutions and wish you the happiest and healthiest New Year.
Micki

lotsofglue said...

Everyone needs more color.

http://lotsofglue.blogspot.com/2009/07/continued-swirlies.html

http://lotsofglue.blogspot.com/2009/05/before-and-after-well-more-like-middle.html

My kitchen is now an acid tripper's nightmare but it makes me feel happy when I walk in there. And my bathroom is colorful now too.... I am waiting for spring so I can attack my kitchen floors(finally!).

Magnolia Handspun said...

Happy New Year to you!

Gabe picked you as one of the winners of the camera strap...yay! I need you address so I can mail it out to you.
Hugs from Montana

Anonymous said...

I try to always make "Goals and Resolutions" this time of year as well. Another thing I used to do but let lag and am going to start again is a "Life Schedule" where I set up time slots for cleaning, journaling, exercise, painting, shopping, computer time, etc., all the mundane, fun and rewarding things in my life. That way on say Tuesday morning I clean the bathroom and then schedule an hour of computer time. I like to mix up work and fun so I don't get bogged down. It worked for me before so I'm sure it will now. Guess I'll start cleaning again even though I "retired" when my husband did since he didn't start helping with me the cleaning. I'll be doing it for me.