Sunday, November 1, 2009

Daddy

My Dad passed away today I knew it was going to happen soon my grandmother had been letting me know he was ill. My Dad was not always a nice man in fact he could be mean, hurtful, and he was an alcoholic. For all his faults he did have some good points he made me laugh he could cook like no one I have ever seen in fact he taught me. The best fudge came from his hands. He took me on my first of many things like my first date, my first corsage, my first diamond, and my first dozen roses. Our song is Daddy don't you walk so fast by Wayne Newton. I got my love of trivia from him no one was a bigger bull sh-ter than he was. Half the time I didn't know what was true and what was not. He gave me pride in who I was and the people I came from. I loved him I may not have always liked him but I did love him. So for now I will light my candle to honor him and say my prayers. I hope that he has the peace he could never find here.

2 comments:

Magnolia Handspun said...

I am so very sorry for your loss.

Reading your words I feel for you, you are very brave for writing the truth like this.
I can relate...especially the fact that they are not always likeable.

It does sound like you had many wonderful moments together.
Neat that he taught you how to cook!

all the best to you.
Camilla

Karen said...

I'm sorry for your loss. It's hard to lose your dad, even when you are fully aware of his flaws. May God grant you peace.